Your browser (Internet Explorer 6) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.

How to get Singapore Visa ?

Singapore is a very nice country to live and work. If you want to get Singapore Visa, There are few ways.

First thing you should note that If you are a Professional and got a Job from Singapore based Company , It’s very good. Company will send you IPA Letter. With this IPA you can come to Singapore on 1 way ticket.

With that you should consider your salary package. In my opinion, At least 2000 S$/Month (If you are an alone) because very hard to live in Singapore without money. “Singapore – No Money, No Talk”

You can also post your CV on, You can search many Job sites and post your CV.

You can check brief details on Visa Category & Passes. For more & accurate detail please visit MOM website.

Passes & Visa :

For professionals

Employment Pass

The Employment Pass allows foreign professionals to work in Singapore. It applies to foreigners who earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $3,000, and have acceptable qualifications. Employers must make applications for Employment Passes on behalf of a job candidate. Any change of employer will require a new application.

Personalised Employment Pass (PEP)

The Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is for certain group of existing Employment Pass holders and overseas foreign professionals. Unlike an Employment Pass, which must be cancelled when the pass holder leaves the employer, the PEP is not tied to the employer and is granted on the strength of the applicant’s merit. A PEP holder can remain in Singapore for up to six months between jobs to evaluate new employment opportunities.

EntrePass (Company Owner or Director)

Foreign entrepreneurs who would like to start businesses in Singapore should apply for the EntrePass.

For mid-level skilled workers

S Pass

The S Pass allows mid-level skilled foreigners who earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $2,000 to work in Singapore. Employers must make S Pass applications on behalf of a job candidate.

S Pass applications are assessed on multiple criteria including salary, education qualification, skills, job type and work experience.

For skilled & semi-skilled workers

Work Permit

A Work Permit (WP) is generally issued to foreign unskilled workers.

The duration of a Work Permit is generally two years, subject to the validity of the worker’s passport, the Banker’s/Insurance Guarantee, and the worker’s employment period, whichever is shorter. The worker is only allowed to work for the employer and in the specified occupation.

Specific variants of Work Permits allow foreigners to work as domestic helpers,confinement nannies and performing artistes. read more

For foreigners’ dependants

Dependant’s Pass

Employment Pass holders and selected S Pass holders can apply for Dependant’s Passes for their spouse or unmarried/legally adopted children under 21 years of age.

Long Term Visit Pass

Employment Pass holders (P1, P2) can apply for Long Term Visit Passes for their common-law spouse, unmarried daughters above 21 years of age, parents, parents-in-law, step-children under 21 years of age or handicapped children above 21 years of age.

Short-term passes

Miscellaneous Work Pass

The Miscellaneous Work Pass is for foreigners working in Singapore on short-term assignments that fall into certain specific activity categories.

Work Permit for Performing Artistes

This work pass is for foreign artistes performing at any Public Entertainment Licenced bar, discotheque, lounge, night club, pub, hotel, private club or restaurant for a maximum of six months

For students & foreigners undergoing training

Foreign students in Singapore are not allowed to work during term time or vacation time unless they are granted Work Pass exemption. The Training Work Permit, the Training Employment Pass or the Work Holiday Programme must be applied for foreign students who wish to take up any work.

Work Holiday Programme

The Work Holiday Programme (WHP) allows foreign university students and recent graduates, between 17 to 30 years old, to come to Singapore to live and work for up to six months.

Training Employment Pass

Foreigners undergoing practical training attachments for professional, managerial, executive or specialist jobs in Singapore should apply for a Training Employment Pass.

Training Work Permit

The Training Work Permit allows unskilled or semi-skilled foreign trainees undergoing practical training in Singapore to work for up to six months.

For Long Term Visit Pass holders

Long Term Visit Pass holders who wish to work in Singapore should apply for a Work Pass – an Employment Pass , S Pass or Work Permit.

For Long Term Visit Pass holders accompanying their children studying in Singapore, they are not be allowed to hold a work pass during their first year in Singapore. After the first year, they will be allowed to hold a work pass, and be employed in Singapore.


As I lived in Singapore, I may know Singapore very well. I really love Singapore and Singaporean People. They are really so kind and helpful.

You can check your Application Status online on MOM Website

Please note that I am not An Agent, Consultant or Agency. As per my knowledge, I can help you to get Singapore visa by right direction. My aim is to protect people like you from being fraud by Agents !

Feed Back Welcome,

Leave a comment  




Submit comment